Saturday, November 11, 2017

11/9/17

My love,
my beautiful and brave love,
I see you.
I see through the layers of all that wraps around you keeping you closed off
keeping you close
keeping you warm
keeping you cold

I see that this life isn't easy.
Easy isn't suppose to be what we get; the pain gives us purpose and power
Power to be brave
Power to fail
Power to
Ignite our fight
Power to cleanse the oh so black layers of the past that have caked on and broken off into a crumbled mess

In your tall stature of an almost and already woman
Your innocence screams out to me so often
And I hold you in hopes that you won't know what else is coming
Just wanting to protect you from all that tries to drag you down.

I know you're tired.
Exhausted
apathetic to some of the trauma only we can remember
or what you choose not to let in


I see your brain...
your beautiful and bright and beastly symphony of a muse;
it drives your dedication and aspiration for perfection and obsession
yet holds you back and pushes you down when you're already down.
I can't get to it to beat the shit out of it when it
decides to be the schoolyard bully that day

I so wish I could, sweetheart.

I see you.

I know you the way no one will ever be able to...
because I'm mom, sure.
but more so because I've studied and mastered the art of figuring out how to maneuver through the madness of the beast.

Your heart....your brilliant display of simple love
is more powerful than you know.

I pray you will know.

I pray a lot...

For your strength to never stop
for your pain to some day, break away like a window crashed into a million pieces
like stars that twinkle and serve as beacons for those desperate to wish,
I pray those pieces will to.

I pray love, for the beast to lose the battle and the calm to render you peace.

You are something to behold; my child, my happiness, my purpose and my blood.
You are here for this long haul of hopes and dreams that will rise and fall and show themselves like the dusk glory on an autumn evening. You will leave a fantastical mark and be the imprint on my life and the Universe will celebrate you richly

with sparkles and sprinkles and peppermint and bubbles.


I love you.

xo Mama






No comments:

Post a Comment